We are seeking a data-loving, internet-savvy bookworm to join our literary public relations agency as a Research Assistant. This an entry level position, supporting both the marketing and publicity departments, and we are open to both part-time or full-time availability. You may be our ideal candidate if:
- You love going down internet rabbit holes to find new podcasts, social media accounts, or other media you may be interested in.
- You’re good at tracking down the information you need; whether it’s finding the best deal on airline tickets or deciphering where your ex had dinner based on an IG photo.
- You enjoy working with excel, airtable, or other platforms to organize data.
Responsibilities include researching new media outlets (podcasts, websites, etc.) and social media influencers (bookstagrammers, booktokers, etc.) to feature our clients, along with content information and relevant metrics, fielding inbound media and influencer requests, and maintaining our database of media contacts.
The salary for this position (if full time) ranges from $40,000-$45,000 annually, based on background and experience, and includes health care coverage and 401K matching.
More about Kaye Publicity
We are a literary public relations agency. We help each of our clients identify their unique brand, grow their following, and expand their name recognition. We do this through a combination of publicity, marketing, advertising, community outreach, and corporate partnerships. We tailor each campaign to meet the needs of the client and only recommend initiatives that will further the client’s goals.
We believe in:
- Quality over quantity
- Building meaningful connections
- Taking a holistic approach
- Doing work we’re proud of
- Being a part of a team
- Creating equity in publishing
Our team is fully remote, sitting in multiple locations throughout the US.
If you are ready to join our tight-knit team of book lovers and super connectors, here’s how to apply:
- Paste your cover letter into the body of the email
- The subject line should be the title of the last great book you read
- Attach your resume
- Send to info(at)kayepublicity(dot)com
Folks who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or gender-based violence are encouraged to apply.