1. Purchase a book from an independent bookstore. Better yet, purchase a book published by a small press or a debut author.
2. Tweet or Facebook post about a fellow author’s book launch. You don’t even have to know the author.
3. Donate a stack of books to your local Friends of the Library book fair.
4. Attend a local literary event. Bring your friends.
5. Read a good book lately? Post a 5-star review on Amazon or Goodreads.
6. If a journalist or radio host asks you what you’re currently reading, respond with a few titles (preferably small press or debut novels).
7. Subscribe to a magazine or newspaper that publishes book reviews.
8. Read a book blog and post a comment. Read several and post several comments.
9. Send thank you notes to your publishing team. That includes your agent, editor, in-house publicist, sales rep, cover artist, and anyone else who had a hand in creating your book.
10. If you meet an aspiring novelist, over to have coffee with them and discuss the publishing process.